Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Two weeks three days

June is finally here!  I thought for some reason it would never come.  It seemed like it wouldn't way back in February when I locked in my decision to go to China.  Then it seemed like it was forever and ago away.  With the departure right around the corner and I feel completely unprepared to go.  What to bring? Leave? What to get?  First aid. Deet. Travel light, more clothing.  Can I buy there?  No, sizes too small in China.  You are a giant.  Ugh.  Decisions.  

I feel guilty about going as well.  You see there is so much going on right now in my family.  My father's glaucoma has gotten so bad that now the doctor want to schedule surgery to relieve the pressure in his eyes.  She wants to schedule the surgery now, within the month.  The surgery won't bring back any of the vision lost, it will only, hopefully prevent further sight loss.  Then there's no guarantee that he still won't lose his vision particularly in the left eye which is almost 75% blind already.  Geez.   

Furthermore, the surgery that my sister had yesterday to remove the lump on her leg near the knee looked cancerous to the doctor.  We'll find out by the end of the week if it is or not.  What if it is?  What's next?  Chemo?  Radiation?  Amputation?  

Seriously, how can I leave the country now?  

But I will leave.  I'll leave and I'll pray God's will be done.  I'll let his plan play out in their lives and in the lives of the rest of my family members just his plan is playing out in mine.   I'll step out on that message of faith that was given to my sister in law for me and leave it there in God's hands.  

With two weeks three days left in NYC I'll be operating at warp speed before I leave.  Tons of things to do, errands to run, family and friends to see.  Before I go, however, if you could just say a prayer for my sister and dad you'd be doing me a huge solid (favor) and I'd be extremely grateful. It can be as simple as you like or if you don't know what to say simply say: God's will be done.  That's what I'm gonna say.  Well that and a little bit more.     

I believe in the power of prayer. Of words spoken silently or aloud.  To God, Jesus, the Universe or just in general asking for an intercession.  Asking for something.  I believe in that power.  Kate Bush  says "and just saying it can even make it happen" in one of her songs.   Words have power!

Thanks.  God's will be done.  

- Wil




No comments: